ffmpeg - unable to install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 2 13:54:18 PDT 2007

On Oct 2, 2007, at 15:27, William Davis wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Joe wrote:
>
>> Below is the info of the problematic machine:
>>
>> OS X 10.4.10 Intel
>>
>> MacPorts:
>> 1.520
>>
>> Fink is installed under /sw:
>> 0.27.6
>>
>> Xcode:
>> 2.2
>
> Im sure Ryan will answer you shortly but why not upgrade Xcode to
> 2.4.1 like your other machine?
> good luck :)

Absolutely. Earlier versions of Xcode are known to be problematic.
That's why the first step of the installation instructions says that
you must install the latest Xcode, not any older Xcode:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/InstallingMacPorts

I also recommend you get rid of Fink. Possibly depending on your
$PATH, MacPorts ports may inadvertently link with bits that were
installed by Fink, which will be confusing and probably break things
later. Move /sw elsewhere. Use MacPorts to install whatever software
you had installed with Fink.