Can't install gedit

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Wed Oct 3 04:33:44 PDT 2007

Try "sudo port -p install gnome" that should install every gnome
dependency that builds right now. It will give you a (mostly) working
gnome installation.

On 3 Oct 2007, at 07:14, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

> Ok. Actually, I encountered this problem when I tried to install
> gnome (sudo port install gnome). So, in the meantime, Is it
> possible to install gnome without gedit?
>
> Matthias
>
> On 03.10.2007, at 13:11, macports-users-
> request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
>
>> Message: 7
>> Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 07:11:06 -0400
>> From: Randall Wood <rhwood at mac.com>
>> Subject: Re: Can't install gedit
>> To: Matthias Brennwald <matthias at brennwald.org>
>> Cc: macports-users at delta.macosforge.org
>>
>> This is a known situation and I am working towards solving it.
>> Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on a working gedit port.
>

> -------
> Matthias Brennwald
> Lägernstrasse 6
> CH 8037 Zürich
> +41 (0)44 364 17 03
> matthias at brennwald.org

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com
http://shyramblings.blogspot.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."