port -u upgrade outdated

Paul Phillips paulp at improving.org
Wed Oct 3 18:19:37 PDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 01:54:43AM +0200, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>  there is still a minor problem : waste of disk space
>  since each old version remains on the disk, whereas they are completely
>  useless :-/
>
>  do you see what i mean ?

I deal with this by running this inelegant alias once in a while:

  alias portclean="sudo port installed|grep -v active|grep -v
  following|xargs -L 1 sudo port -f uninstall"

It uninstalls all inactive ports.  Don't use it if that's not what you want.

--
Paul Phillips      | It's better to have gloved and tossed than never to
Apatheist          | have played baseball.