port -u upgrade outdated

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Oct 3 18:22:56 PDT 2007

On Oct 3, 2007, at 8:43 PM, Chip Warden wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2007, at 7:27 PM, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>> do you mean that i should put
>> port -nfu upgrade outdated
>> in my script ?
>
> I can verify that this does work in a script (unless you have
> compilation errors).

This will work most of the time (but will fail in some cases where
you really need to upgrade the dependencies before you upgrade the
port).

I usually do:

port sync
sudo port -dvnf upgrade outdated

... but I'm aware of the possible issues and am comfortable with
fixing things if they break.
--
Daniel J. Luke