Gimp install no longer stuck- sure is slow

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Sat Oct 6 08:37:47 PDT 2007

Le 07-10-05 à 23:46, Xin Liu a écrit :

>> You can always install gimp2 +without_gnome +no_python
>>
>> It will be somewhat faster to build, but you get no python scripts,
>> no svg support, no help viewer, no help files, no scanner support, no
>> print support, no macosx support, and even less.
>
> I'm curious: what is the "mac os x support"?

Gimp.app front-end
"Show in Finder" menu plugin
.icns import plugin
Mac OS X pasteboard plugin (gimp layer -> mac / mac image -> gimp)

Not to mention that gimp 2.4 runs quite well with gtk-quartz
(including native menus).  This will work with vanilla gimp2 too
although I'm not sure how MacPorts can handle this as a whole (lots
of experimental parts in here).

yves