GnuCash installation -- problem with goffice version

Marc André Selig mas at macports.org
Sun Oct 7 02:56:22 PDT 2007

On 10/7/07, David Reiser <dbreiser at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 Oct 2007, at 8:45:17 PM, Paul Henegan wrote:
> >> checking for libgoffice-0.4 >= 0.4.0... no
> >> checking for libgoffice-0.3 >= 0.3.0... no
> >> checking for libgoffice-1 >= 0.0.4... no
> >> configure: error: Cannot find libgoffice.
[...]
> At the moment, gnucash won't build against libgoffice-0.5. Even if
> you edit the makefile to get past configure, other compile problems
> occur. I only tried it once, so I'm fuzzy on the details...

So somebody will have to create a new port "goffice03" by checking out
the latest 0.3 revision of goffice out of the repository, copying it
to a new port, testing and committing it.  Then gnucash (and probably
gnucash-devel) must be made to depend on goffice03 instead of goffice.

Even though this won't take long, I don't have time to do it this
week.  I can, however, commit patches if somebody creates, tests (!),
and submits them.

Regards,
Marc