Can't install gedit

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 7 23:06:39 PDT 2007

On Oct 7, 2007, at 23:55, Matthias Brennwald wrote:

> On 07.10.2007, at 22:36, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Well, is the port "libgnomeui" installed? If not, "sudo port
>> install libgnomeui"
>
> Shouldn't MacPorts be smart enough to do that for me? I thought
> that's the point of a package manager?

Yes, if a software package requires libgnomeui, then that software's
portfile should list libgnomeui as a dependency. Please try
installing libgnomeui. If that solves the problem, submit a bug
against whatever port it was that wouldn't compile before. (I haven't
been following the thread that closely.) Of course, first, you should
"sudo port selfupdate" and try again, to make sure the bug hasn't
already been fixed.