Another error installing gimp...

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Oct 8 13:51:04 PDT 2007

On Oct 8, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Jeffrey Safire wrote:
> --->  Building python25 with target all
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_
> python25/work/Python-2.5.1" && make all " returned error 2
> Command output: Modules/main.c:186: warning: function declaration
> isn't a prototype
>
> Following the above error,

That's a warning, not an error.

> it appears that a link was attempted, and then finally this error
> was displayed:
>
> ld64 failed: in libpython2.5.a(getbuildinfo.o), not a valid ppc64
> mach-o file
> libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make: *** [libpython2.5.dylib] Error 1

Probably, the line immediately preceding this has more relevant
information.

 From this, it just looks like you're attempting to build a ppc64
version of python25. I don't think it builds ppc64 by default (at
least, it didn't on my PPC G5), so you may have something in your
environment that you modified that is causing the build problem.

--
Daniel J. Luke