"man port" not working?

Marcus D'Camp carcus at carcus.net
Tue Oct 9 01:23:42 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 03:01:29PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I also see /usr/local in that path. Stuff in /usr/local can interfere
> with MacPorts too. I recommend you remove everything from /usr/local
> and use MacPorts to install whatever software you need. If software
> you need is not in MacPorts, portfiles can be added.

Sorry to hijack the thread, I too have a /usr/local/ on my system.  Is
it safe to rm -r /usr/local/* ? The only think I had installed was mutt
which has been replaced with the MacPort.  Actually on second glance,
my nearly vanilla Powerbook I also have a /usr/local/ from Carbon
Copy Cloner if I remember right (psync and other perl related).
I've removed all the mutt related binaries, should I be ok?
Thanks in advance.
--
Marcus D'Camp