Install glade? [RESOLVED: Use glade3]

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:19:35 PDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Instruct ICC <instructicc at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  > glade3 is the port for the most current version of glade (3.2.2)
> > while port glade is keeping the glade 2.x line alive.
>
> When I do "port search glade", glade3 says "devel/glade3" which I assumed
> to mean it is not "current or stable", and is currently in development.

devel just means its a development tool, like a compiler or some variant of
libtool. I don't know if MacPorts supports development versions, but if it
did, I suspect it would follow the -devel convention, ie glade-devel.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>