GnuCash installation -- problem with goffice version

Marc André Selig mas at macports.org
Tue Oct 9 10:00:38 PDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Paul Henegan <bleulyon at mac.com> wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2007, at 15:36, Marc André Selig wrote:
> > James Schofield was so kind and did this.  Patches have been committed
> > to the repository.  Everybody afflicted by the goffice update, please
> > wait 12 hours, sudo port selfupdate, and try again.
>
> Will we need to clean and refetch gnucash?

port should clean gnucash for you if you issue the install command
again after doing a selfupdate.  You will thus have to rebuild from
start, but there will be no need to refetch.

[In theory, people who still have a working gnucash installation
should not have to rebuild at all.  In practice, fixing things for
those who did try to upgrade goffice requires a bump to the gnucash
revision number, which means everybody will get a rebuild of gnucash
sooner or later.  Sorry.  If you don't need upgrades for other
reasons, you can wait until the next revision of gnucash before you
rebuild.]

Regards,
Marc