cyrus-imapd?

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:20:45 PDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Clint McIntosh <clintmcintosh at mac.com> wrote:
> I desperately need to install cyrus-imapd on OSX(non server)  via macports
> ASAP but when I do port install cyrus-imapd I get hte following:
>
> holodeck:~ root# port install cyrus-imapd
> --->  Fetching cyrus-imapd
> --->  Attempting to fetch cyrus-imapd-2.3.8.tar.gz from
> http://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/
> --->  Attempting to fetch cyrus-imapd-2.3.8.tar.gz from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/cyrus-imapd
> --->  Attempting to fetch cyrus-imapd-2.3.8.tar.gz from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
> --->  Attempting to fetch cyrus-imapd-2.3.8.tar.gz from
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/cyrus-imapd
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
>
> Where can I get cyrus-imapd??? I've tried getting it from the cmu.edu ftp
> site but I can't figure out how to get it installed.

looks like you will need to tweak the Portfile to reflect the newer
version number

ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus/cyrus-imapd-2.3.9.tar.gz

as well as edit the checksums (there is an argument to port that will
ignore checksums, isn't there?).
--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at mac.com>