Can't install python25

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 9 21:08:34 PDT 2007

On Oct 9, 2007, at 6:37 PM, Igor Foox wrote:

> On 9-Oct-07, at 6:17 PM, Instruct ICC wrote:
>
>> > Excellent question :-) I have no idea. Is there some constant that
>> > macports uses to determine the architecture? I mean can I tweak
>> > something somewhere for it not to think that I'm running on
>> > a) a PPC machine
>> > b) on 64 bits
>> >
>> > (my machine is an Intel Core Duo with OS X 10.4.10)
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Igor
>>
>> I just installed python25 yesterday on 2 separate Intel Macs
>> without problems.
>> Mac Pro: Quad-Core 2 Duo
>> MacBook Pro: Core 2 Duo
>> I'll try the Mac Mini today: Core Duo.
>> All on 10.4.10
>>
>> How about:
>> port clean python25
>> port selfupdate
>> port install python25
>>
>> sudo as needed ;)
>
> I'm trying to install on a MBP as well (although Core Duo). That
> sequence is essentially the same as I was doing before, because
> everything was up to date already.
>
> Igor

Igor, Id try looking for config problems on your set up since many
others have installed the port with no problem.
what does your ENV look like ? (path etc)
Do you have anything installed in /usr/local/{share | bin | include |
lib} ?
good luck!
W.

btw @Instruct ICC : AFAIK port configure foo doesnt take config
options -- it merely starts the configure phase of the port
instalation.  Configuration tags are set via the portfile which you
can inspect with port cat foo if you are curious.  Some others are
set in port itself (like macos