cyrus-imapd?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 9 23:20:04 PDT 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 00:58, paul beard wrote:

> On 10/9/07, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> That's not the problem here, though. The problem is that CMU's web
>> server appears to be malfunctioning and is not serving any FTP files
>> at this time. Perhaps the maintainer could contact CMU about this.
>> I've worked around this for the cyrus-imapd port in r29784 by adding
>> the FTP server as a backup master site. Wait 30 minutes, selfupdate
>> or sync, and then try again. Or you can manually download the
>> distfile and place it in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/cyrus-
>> imapd and you should be good to go.
>
> ftp server is fine now: I just mounted it locally and the distfile
> is there.

The FTP server has always been fine. This was working great, and is
still working great:

ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/

However, the HTTP access to the FTP server is broken. This is not
working (it is showing an empty directory listing):

http://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/

This was the only download address in the cyrus-imapd and mpack
portfiles, hence they were not able to fetch the software. Adding the
http URL as a backup download address worked around the problem. CMU
should still be contacted regarding their non-functioning HTTP access
to their FTP server.