Problems with paths in X11

David Feest david.feest at arcor.de
Wed Oct 10 00:41:37 PDT 2007

Hi,

Trying to start wmii on a macbook pro I encounter a strange problem.
wmii starts as it should but can't find wmiiwm (or any other programs
for that matter), located in the same path. Same goes for fluxbox:
The windowmanager is there but no application can be started as they
are not found.

The strange thing is, that quartz-wm runs beautifuly and that the
has no problems finding any applications. Also, from the terminal in
or outside of X11 the programs are found.

which wmiiwm results in /opt/local/bin/wmiiwm

And the PATH is actually set: echo $PATH results in:
/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/
sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/lib/portage/bin/

Does anyone out there have a hunch what I'm doing wrong?

Greetings,

David