Can't install flac

Hans Mogren hm at bymarken.net
Wed Oct 10 02:06:36 PDT 2007

William Davis wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2007, at 4:03 AM, Hans Mogren wrote:
>

>> I'm having problems installing flac on my MacBook (Intel) running OS X
>> 10.4.10.

[snip]

> I used sudo port edit flac and added your suggestion "--disable-asm-
> optimizations" to the config args.
> it both built and ran.  (you may need to deactivate an older version
> before activating 1.2.1.
>
> You should modify the portfile yourself and submited a copy in the
> trac system.

Thanks for your help!

Being completely new to MacPorts, would you care to explain to me the best
way to do this?

Should I include the following in the Portfile:

variant disable_asm_optimizations description "Disable asm optimizations" {
    configure.args-append   --disable-asm-optimizations
}

...or should I include the switch as default and include a
"configure.args-delete" (like the "disable-xmms-plugin" variant) instead?

I tried it as above and flac is now installed as "flac
@1.2.1_0+disable_asm_optimizations". Thank you!

--
Hans Mogren
http://hans.bymarken.net/