texinfo doesnt function

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Oct 10 08:38:51 PDT 2007

On Oct 10, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> post-install    {
>     system "install-info ${destroot}${prefix}/share/info/gsl-
> ref.info ${prefix}/share/info/dir"
> }
>
> but IMHO, this is incorrect: to be correct, the dir file should be
> updated by post-activate (to install) and post-deactivate (with the
> --delete option of install-info). Is there any documentation about
> that?

post-activate and post-deactivate don't run on macports installs with
'direct' mode.

> [
> I had to send this mail from another account, delta.macosforge.org is
> blocking my mail:
> (host delta.macosforge.org[17.254.17.249] said: 450
> <prunille.vinc17.org>: Helo command rejected: Host not found (in
> reply to RCPT TO command))
> This machine is on a local network behind a NAT router and
> delta.macosforge.org cannot connect to it anyway.
> ]

$ host prunille.vinc17.org
Host prunille.vinc17.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Many (most?) mailservers won't accept mail from a host who supplies a
HELO hostname that doesn't exist in dns. You should fix your MTA (and/
or have it smarthost out to a 'real' mailserver).

--
Daniel J. Luke