port of fmt?

Florenz Kley fl at well.com
Thu Oct 11 01:16:29 PDT 2007

hi David,

On Oct 11, 2007, at 09:41, David Epstein wrote:
> Gnu's version of fmt contains a feature that I need, and which is
> not available from /usr/bin/fmt.
> I tried port search fmt and got no relevant hits.
>
> Is this available under MacPorts? If not how could I request it for
> the future?

it's in the "coreutils" package. Install it, and you will find the
GNU tools prefixed with "g" (to prevent name clashes), such as:

fl at birch:~$ /opt/local/bin/gfmt --version
fmt (GNU coreutils) 6.9
This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the
terms of
the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by Ross Paterson.

regards