Trying to update the slocate database

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 03:40:55 PDT 2007

My first command: slocate slocate
slocate: fatal error: Could not find user database
'/opt/local/var/db/slocate/slocate.db':  No such file or directory

My second command: which slocate
/opt/local/bin/slocate

My third command: sudo /opt/local/etc/daily.slocate
Rebuilding slocate database:
slocate: fatal error: load_file: Could not open file:
/opt/local/etc/updatedb.conf: No such file or directory

Can anyone help me get slocate going? Where is updatedb.conf supposed to
come from, and why wasn't it installed when I installed slocate?
TIA, David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk