texinfo doesnt function

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Fri Oct 12 04:46:24 PDT 2007

On 2007-10-11 11:23:39 -0400, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> What really happens is that activate/deactivate create the links from the
> place where the software is actually installed by macports to ${prefix}.
> activate/deactivate didn't exist until image mode was invented.
>
> Since direct mode installs software directly into ${prefix},
> activate/deactivate don't have any meaning and don't get run (and therefore
> pre/post activate/deactivate don't run either).
>
> I imagine that activate/deactivate phases that do nothing could be run in
> direct mode, but I don't see why that would be necessary.

In fact, what is necessary is to have:
  * code that would be run when the files become available in $prefix
    (this happens when a port is installed in direct mode and when a
    port is activated in image mode);
  * code that would be run when the files are removed from $prefix
    (this happens when a port is uninstalled in direct mode and when
    a port is deactivated in image mode).

And I think that running activate/deactivate phases in direct mode too
could be a simple solution for this goal.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>