mod_security - Upgrade port to 2.x?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 15 01:23:06 PDT 2007

On Oct 15, 2007, at 02:56, Null Null Dev wrote:

> the mod_security port is currently at 1.8.6... is there a chance that
> somebody could upgrade the port to the current 2.x stable version for
> Apache 2.2?
>
> I'm a newby pretty much, and even though the install instructions on
> modsecurity.org look pretty clear, manually compiling stuff from
> source still scares me a little...
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!

Usually, a port's maintainer should take care of that. I'll Cc
mod_security's maintainer on this email. If we don't hear back within
72 hours, someone else can update it if they want to and know how.

It looks like the port currently only works with apache1. There is a
commented-out apache2 variant in the portfile. Perhaps that needs to
be looked at as well.