gnome-vfs not building

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 15 14:11:36 PDT 2007

On Oct 15, 2007, at 12:30, Adrian Simmons wrote:

> Adrian Simmons wrote:
>> Randall Wood wrote:
>>> Has anyone else encountered this problem and managed to work
>>> around it?
>
> Might have worked better after:
> sudo port clean all
>
> but I'm getting a lot of these type of errors:
> Error: Activating PORTNAME VERSION-NUMBER failed: Image error: /opt/
> local/share/path/to/port/filename is being used by the active
> PORTNAME port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f
> flag to force the activation.

Specifically what filename, what portname, etc.? Are both occurrences
of PORTNAME in the message above the same portname? If so, did you
already have the port installed, and are now trying to install it
again? If so, that would account for the error. You would want to
sudo port upgrade, not sudo port install, for ports that are already
installed.

> So maybe something else is messed up in my install and gnome-vfs
> syptoms are just a problem.
>
> Contemplating trashing /opt and starting fresh...

Might help. Hard to know at this point.