Can't selfupdate -- libcurl present but not found

Philip Hudson phil.hudson at iname.com
Tue Oct 16 06:39:48 PDT 2007

>>> curl-config should be in /usr/bin (it is provided by the BSD.pkg)
>>>

>> Thanks Daniel. That's improved things a lot. I symlinked the
>> MacPorts curl and curl-config in /usr/bin and got a bit further.
>
> Your system is messed up if there's no apple-provided curl-config in /
> usr/bin - you should fix that instead of symlinking things around

One look at /usr/bin shows that long ago I had moved the Apple-
standard ones, leaving $PATH to find the (more recent) MacPort ones.
I've now moved the Apple ones back to /usr/bin so all is as it should
be.

> The macports configure script (and build system) tries to avoid
> depending on things that macports installs (because if you uninstall
> macports curl later but macports depends on curl, how will you fix
> it?).

It's obvious when someone points it out to you. I was being too
clever (read: stupid).

Thanks Daniel.

--
Phil Hudson                        PGP key available