Gimp Error

Mack Johnson m_nez_j at mac.com
Fri Oct 19 12:08:16 PDT 2007

trying to install gimp and I get this error. Can you tell me how to
fix this?

You must install or activate this package with '-f' (force) as it
needs to overwrite files installed by the perl5.8 port
--->  Installing p5-pathtools 3.25_0
--->  Activating p5-pathtools 3.25_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/
lib/perl5/5.8.8/darwin-2level/auto/Cwd/Cwd.bs is being used by the
active perl5.8 port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -
f flag to force the activation.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gimp2 libgnomeui
libbonoboui libbonobo p5-getopt-long p5-pathtools popt libgnome
esound audiofile gnome-vfs gconf gnome-mime-data howl neon openssl
libgnomecanvas gail libglade2 libgtkhtml libmng autoconf help2man p5-
locale-gettext libtool m4 automake lcms librsvg libcroco libgsf
libwmf poppler poppler-data py25-gtk py25-cairo py25-numeric python25
py25-gobject