gedit fails to run -- lib problem

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 21 17:10:43 PDT 2007

macmini (intel) os 10.4.10 xcode 2.41 macports 1.52

gedit complied (but that another story)

however the command gedit gives the following error:
dylib: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libgnome-2.0.dylib
referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libbonoboui-2.0.dylib
Reason: libbonoboui-2.0.dylib requires version 2001.0.0
or later but libgnome-2.0.dylib provides version 2000.0.0

I tried removing (port uninstall) libgnome and then reinstaling,
after which I uninstalled gedit and reinstalled.

result:same error

I appreciate all the hard work that has been done to get gnome up to
2.20.x.

Is there something I need to do or are we just waiting for a new ver
of libgnome?