gnucash 2.2.1 problems (and solutions)

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Mon Oct 22 10:51:49 PDT 2007

On 2007-10-22 10:25:21 -0700, Kastus Shchuka wrote:
> First bump on the road was goffice03. I remembered reading a post in this
> list about problems with building gnucash against the latest goffice and
> introduction of a new port goffice03 as a result. I had goffice at 0.3.8
> already installed, so seeing this message:
>
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error:
> /opt/local/include/libgoffice-0.3/goffice/app/error-info.h is being used by
> the active goffice port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f
> flag to force the activation.

Do you mean that goffice has something installed in
/opt/local/include/libgoffice-0.3? It seems that your goffice port
is out-of-date. Now, there's still a bug:

--->  Activating goffice03 0.3.8_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/share/gtk-doc/html/goffice/ch01.html is being used by the active goffice port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use the -f flag to force the activation.

Since the goffice port is needed by other ports, deactivating it is not
an option (you may have problems with other software since you did that),
and the -f flag is dangerous and will lead to bad files installed (at
least for the doc). Since goffice03 is there only for compatibility,
there is probably no need to install the doc (or the doc should only be
installed via a variant). I haven't tried yet.

> I just followed the advise, deactivated goffice and activated goffice03
> manually.
>
> Next was perl modules overwriting files owned by perl5.8 port.
>
> Running "sudo port upgrade libgnomeui" I got these:
>
> --->  Staging p5-pathtools into destroot
> You must install or activate this package with '-f' (force) as it needs to
> overwrite files installed by the perl5.8 port
>
> --->  Staging p5-getopt-long into destroot
> You must install or activate this package with '-f' (force) as it needs to
> overwrite files installed by the perl5.8 port
>
> I forced activation of p5-pathtools and p5-getopt-long and proceeded
> further.

This needs to be fixed too (and warning: you can't revert such changes
easily!). See the thread "Gimp Error".

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>