Has anybody gotten FreeImagePy working on Mac OS X?

Harry Parker harrylparker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:36:41 PDT 2007

I see that the FreeImage library has been ported to macports, although
it is a minor version or 2 out of date from the current cvs.

I am trying to get FreeImagePy, the Python wrapper to FreeImage, to
work on my Mac.

Has anybody else worked on this?

I'm starting to work on image processing with NumPy, and I'd like to
not reinvent the wheel to read and write image files that PIL (Python
Image Library) can't handle: multibyte per color image formats.

Am I alone in this?