gnucash 2.2.1 problems (and solutions)

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Mon Oct 22 16:02:11 PDT 2007

On 2007-10-22 18:29:47 -0400, William Davis wrote:
> 6. of course also port deactivate -f slib-guile and then install
> slib-guile16 .  Sorry, should have said this explicitly.

This wasn't my question. Of course, slib-guile16 is active (and
all the installed slib-guile ports is unactive). What I can't
understand is why MacPorts says that gnucash depends on slib-guile
while all the installed gnucash ports have the guile16 variant
(ditto for the g-wrap port). The -d option doesn't give much more
information:

prunille:~> sudo port -v -d uninstall g-wrap
DEBUG: gnucash depends on this port
DEBUG: gnucash depends on this port
DEBUG: gnucash depends on this port
--->  Unable to uninstall g-wrap 1.3.4_4, the following ports depend on it:
--->    gnucash
--->    gnucash
--->    gnucash
DEBUG: Please uninstall the ports that depend on g-wrap first.
    while executing
"portuninstall::uninstall $portname [composite_version $portversion [array get variations]] [array get options]"
Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on g-wrap first.

This happens even with only gnucash @2.2.1_0+guile16 installed,
and this version didn't depend on g-wrap. See:
https://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/gnome/gnucash/Portfile@28132

g-wrap depends on slib-guile, so that this can explain the other error.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>