The following dependencies failed to build

Joel Thibault (MacPorts) pgijnxn02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:58:33 PDT 2007

... but I can't seem to figure out why.  Usually I would expect to see
the error, but
it's not telling me anything more than that.

While attempting to upgrade gnucash, several gnome-related packages
wouldn't build.  I tried resyncing MacPorts, doing uninstall -f and
clean --all, removing "work" directories, and they're still not
working.  Using the -d flag also doesn't give me any more information.
 Do you have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?  Also where I
might find logs for this sort of thing.

Here I am trying to upgrade the problematic packages:

-----
joel at minimac ~ $ sudo port upgrade -ucd libgtkhtml3 libgnomeui
libbonoboui libbonobo libgnome evince
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgnomeui
libbonoboui libbonobo libgnome
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libbonoboui
libbonobo libgnome
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libbonobo libgnome
[...]
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgnome libbonobo
libgnomeui libbonoboui
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libbonobo
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgnome
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libbonoboui
libbonobo libgnome
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libbonobo libgnome
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gnome-desktop
libgnomeui libbonoboui libbonobo libgnome
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgnomeui
libbonoboui libbonobo libgnome
-----

Thanks for your help!
Joel