Leopard: What's The Scoop?

Luc Heinrich luc at honk-honk.com
Thu Oct 25 00:35:49 PDT 2007

On 25 oct. 07, at 00:02, Patrick Burleson wrote:

> On one of the last Developer Seeds, I had a problem building ruby with
> Macports. I believe Ruby Segfaults during its testing phase. I'm
> hoping that these will be found and squashed fairly quickly.

The reason Ruby segfaults during build on Leopard is explained here:
<http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/12895>

"In Leopard, the setcontext/getcontext functions have been modified
to confirm to the UNIX norm, however, their implementation changed to
not use the default structure by default, which makes Ruby
segfaulting during initialization."

Apple has offered their patches upstream, so to build Ruby from
sources on Leopard you either have to apply the patches manually or
wait for them to be merged to the Ruby source tree.

--
Luc Heinrich