gimp-app +quartz usable?

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Fri Oct 26 11:23:19 PDT 2007

Le 07-10-26 à 14:08, Olaf Foellinger a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> $ port info gimp-app
> gimp-app 2.4.0, aqua/gimp-app (Variants: universal, quartz)
>
> Is the quartz variant usable?
> Will there be problems using gnome applications like Gnucash in
> parallel
> without quartz option?

Very interresting questions !

I have run gimp on quartz for some weeks, not very intensively, but I
have yet to see a show-stopper.
I should also add that I'm not using macports' gtk+ and glib but
rather HEAD sources.

Now I don't think it is possible to have both gtk-x11 and gtk-quartz
but I have not even thought of trying.  I have two parralels setup,
one for X11 stuff, one for quartz stuff.  I have tried a few other
apps on gtk-quartz and they all failed at launch.  The gimp
developers test their OSX build with quartz ,so that does help a lot !

yves