DarwinPortsStartup port no longer supported?

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Sun Oct 28 18:47:44 PDT 2007

On 28 Oct 2007, at 20:10, paul beard wrote:

> running a "clean all" and it bails when I get there.
>
> --->  Cleaning CrimsonFields
> Error: Unable to open port: couldn't change working directory to "/
> opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
> sysutils/DarwinPortsStartup": no such file or directory

As of changeset 30455[1] DarwinPortsStartup is no longer in the ports
tree. Its source tarball was removed earlier than that, although I'm
not sure when.

MacPorts now uses other mechanisms that are distributed with MacPorts
to handle the startupitems.

You may need to either wait on getting an updated PortIndex via 'port
sync' or generating your own PortIndex to be able to do a 'port clean
all'

[1] https://svn.macosforge.org/projects/macports/changeset/30455

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com
http://shyramblings.blogspot.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."