mercurial install fails

grimmwerks grimm at grimmwerks.com
Mon Oct 29 14:47:56 PDT 2007

I just installed Leopard, and am trying to get things back to the way
it was.

First -- I think I'm going to use the Ruby in MacPorts rather than the
one from apple - any thoughts on this?

Second - mercurial is failing for me:
maggoteater:local grimm$ sudo port install mercurial
Password:
--->  Building mercurial with target build
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_devel_mercurial/work/mercurial-0.9.5" && /
opt/local/bin/python2.4 setup.py build " returned error 1
Command output: sh: line 0: cd: /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_devel_mercurial/work/mercurial-0.9.5: No
such file or directory

I think I screwed up the folder mercurial was installing from;  is
there a way to FORCE mercurial to start from scratch, ie overwriting
all the previous files/folders?