building postgres 8.2

Rick Gigger rick at alpinenetworking.com
Mon Oct 29 16:13:15 PDT 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 4:42 PM, Rick Gigger wrote:

> This is what happens when I try to build the postgresql82 port.
>
> $ sudo port install postgresql82
> --->  Building postgresql82
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
> .macports.org_release_ports_databases_postgresql82/work/
> postgresql-8.2.5" && gnumake " returned error 2
> Command output:   "_boot_yylval", referenced from:
>      _boot_yylval$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_debug_query_string", referenced from:
>      _debug_query_string$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>      _debug_query_string$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>      _debug_query_string$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_Geqo_selection_bias", referenced from:
>      _Geqo_selection_bias$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>      _ConfigureNamesReal in SUBSYS.o
>  "_base_yyleng", referenced from:
>      _base_yyleng$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_locale_time", referenced from:
>      _ConfigureNamesString in SUBSYS.o
>  "_base_yylloc", referenced from:
>      _base_yylloc$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_geqo_threshold", referenced from:
>      _geqo_threshold$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>      _ConfigureNamesInt in SUBSYS.o
>  "_boot_yytext", referenced from:
>      _boot_yytext$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_base_yylval", referenced from:
>      _base_yylval$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_Dynamic_library_path", referenced from:
>      _ConfigureNamesString in SUBSYS.o
>      _Dynamic_library_path$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gnumake[2]: *** [postgres] Error 1
> gnumake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> gnumake: *** [all] Error 2

> Same with postgresql81
>
> $ sudo port install postgresql81
> Password:
> --->  Building postgresql81
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
> .macports.org_release_ports_databases_postgresql81/work/
> postgresql-8.1.10" && gnumake " returned error 2
> Command output:       _ConfigFileName$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_SPI_result", referenced from:
>      _SPI_result$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>      _SPI_result$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_LocalBufferFlushCount", referenced from:
>      _LocalBufferFlushCount$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_numattr", referenced from:
>      _numattr$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_debug_query_string", referenced from:
>      _debug_query_string$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>      _debug_query_string$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>      _debug_query_string$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_Geqo_selection_bias", referenced from:
>      _Geqo_selection_bias$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>      _ConfigureNamesReal in SUBSYS.o
>  "_base_yyleng", referenced from:
>      _base_yyleng$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>  "_locale_time", referenced from:
>      _ConfigureNamesString in SUBSYS.o
>  "_geqo_threshold", referenced from:
>      _geqo_threshold$non_lazy_ptr in SUBSYS.o
>      _ConfigureNamesInt in SUBSYS.o
>  "_Dynamic_library_path", referenced from:
> [...]

I should have clarified here that I am using Leopard.

Also I tried building postgres 8.2.5 (same as macports is using http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/databases/postgresql82/Portfile)
  from source and it built fine.  So I think that possibly it's one of
the contrib modules that is causing the problem.  If I modify the port
file how to I tell the port command to use the modified file?