Freash Install of Lepord and Mysql5 LaunchDaemon not working

Takashi Yoshida tyoshida at mac.com
Wed Oct 31 06:28:13 PDT 2007

Actually, I'm having the same issue here.

I installed MySQL5 on a fresh Leopard system on MacBook Pro and MySQL5
does not start even after running the command:

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.mysql5.plist

And I also have the same issue with Apache2 installation as well.

Regards,

On Oct 31, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2007, at 03:59, Samuel V. Green III wrote:
>
>> I can't seem to get mysql5 to start at boot.
>> I did a " sudo port -v install mysql5 +server."
>>
>> I do have a system link to org.macports.mysql5.plist located in my
>> Library/LaunchDaemons.
>>
>> Any idea why it won't start?
>>
>> I am manually able to start with sudo -u root mysql5 -p
>
> Have you asked for the file to be loaded at startup by doing this:
>
> sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/
> org.macports.mysql5.plist

Takashi Yoshida
tyoshida [at] mac [dot] com