Tripwire fails to install

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Sat Sep 1 11:12:55 PDT 2007

Tobias Weisserth <tobias.weisserth at gmail.com> writes:
>the Tripwire port is broken and seemingly no longer maintained (as
>are a lot of macports :-( ).

Show me a collection of thousands of ports on any platform, and I'll show
you a lot of broken ones.  ;)

> But the current stable version of
>Tripwire compiles on Mac OS X 10.4.10 PPC without any issue.
>
>Contact me privately if you need help.

I've tried to fix this port in the past, but I think there were problems
with it.  If 2.4.1.2 installs cleanly, then updating the port should be
very simple.  Please send me exactly the steps you use to install tripwire
manually on OS X (ports just mimic manual instal steps), and I'll update
the port.  Also, include any configuration steps you use to get it running
(even if it is read file INSTALL) since we don't like to leave people
clueless after the instal.

Mark