Problem with MacPorts 1.5 & Boost Install

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Thu Sep 6 05:31:00 PDT 2007

On 6.9.2007, at 15.04, luis cota wrote:

> Just downloaded and installed MacPorts 1.5 and ran:
>
> sudo port install boost
>
> The download completed and the build seemed to execute without a
> problem.
> Next, I tried:
>
> man boost -> failed, no entry found
> locate boost -> libs found in various places, usr/include/... , /
> Developer/SDKs/.../bits/ which boost -> failed apropos boost ->
> failed (nothing appropriate)
>
> Any ideas on what could be going wrong?  Thanks!

Hi,
the situation is actually as specified by the Portfile. Moreover, the
package's configure script does not give an option to specify any
directory to install the documentation. BTW, the documentation seems
to be mostly HTML, not man pages. You could add a ticket to trac, so
that the maintainer would add a step to copy the documentation
somewhere.

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386