Can't build GNU Octave because of missing/broken hdf5?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+tools at mega-nerd.com
Thu Sep 6 17:43:46 PDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Works fine for me. You may need to clean it.
>
> sudo port clean --all hdf5

I did do that. Here:

    erikd at miles > sudo port clean --all hdf5
    --->  Cleaning hdf5
    erikd at miles > sudo port install hdf5
    --->  Fetching hdf5
    --->  Attempting to fetch hdf5-1.6.6.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/current/src/
    --->  Verifying checksum(s) for hdf5
    Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for hdf5-1.6.6.tar.gz
    Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file checksums

> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/
> FAQ#IgetError:checksummd5/sha1/rmd160mismatchforport.WhatcanIdoaboutit

I thought this had just been fixed.

Erik