Can't build GNU Octave because of missing/broken hdf5?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 6 18:56:08 PDT 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 20:07, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>
>> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> Works fine for me. You may need to clean it.
>>>
>>> sudo port clean --all hdf5
>
> It seems "clean --all" is not enough.
>
> I just did:
>
>     port clean --dist hdf5
>     port clean --all hdf5
>     port install hdf5
>
> and now it finally seems to be installing.

That's peculiar, since "man port" says --all includes --dist:

    clean
      Clean the files used for building portname.  To just remove the
work
      files, use the --work actionflag.  To remove the distribution
files (tar-
      balls, etc), specify --dist.  To remove the archive(s) for the
current
      version of a port, pass --archive.  To remove the work files,
distribu-
      tion files and archives, pass --all.