Installing PIL for Python 2.5

Justin Fagnani-Bell justin2 at fagnani.com
Sat Sep 8 11:20:36 PDT 2007

I'm very new to MacPorts, so this might be an easy question, but I
haven't been able to find the answer yet...

This question actually applies to installing any package who lists a
dependancy on an older package version than the one you have. Right
now, I want to install PIL, but it's dependent on python2.4, and I've
installed python2.5 and packages that depend on that. Is there a way
I can install py-pil without installing python2.4 and also placing
the files in the right site-packages for python2.5?

I know I can do this by hand, but I figure there might be an easy way
to do this with MacPorts.

Thanks,
   Justin