perforce checksum mismatch

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Tue Sep 11 00:32:00 PDT 2007

Hi Kenny,

It appears to me that the version of Perforce in MacPorts has moved
to another path (http://www.perforce.com/downloads/perforce/r05.2/
bin.darwin60ppc/).  Besides this, it is also very much out of date,
though the release notes for 07.2 warn that it's not possible to
downgrade a 07.2 server, so some care will be needed in updating the
port; separate ones for versions that break backward compatibility
would probably be best.

As I don't use Perforce, do you think you would be able to take over
maintenance of the port, including fixing the current port and
creating any new ones as required?  You can find documentation on how
to do so in the MacPorts guide that is being drafted [1] and in the
portfile(7) man page.  If not, I should be able to at least perform
the path update for you.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

[1] http://geeklair.net/new_macports_guide/