"port" command doesn't work after restart

Benton Greene beezum88 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:37:14 PDT 2007

On 9/11/07, Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:
> Benton Greene wrote:
> > I just joined this list, so I don't know if this has been discussed before,
> > but every time I restart my computer, the macports libraries can no longer
> > be seen by the terminal, and I have to run "export
> > PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH" again.  I checked this with the
> > "env" command.  Short of creating a login item to run that script every time
> > I turn my computer on, is there a fix for this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --Benton
> >

> Yes. Edit ~/.profile or ~/.bashrc to add /opt/local/bin to your path,
> and then MacPorts will be included whenever you launch a new shell.
>
> --
> Kevin Walzer
> Code by Kevin
> http://www.codebykevin.com

I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.  ~/.profile already
includes the /opt/local/bin path, and there isn't a ~/.bashrc.  I
edited the ~/.profile to look like the one for Python (with the
appropriate /opt/local/bin path, of course), since that one seems to
work (the python libraries show up when I run the "env" command), and
it still didn't have any affect, so I just changed it back.  Am I
doing something wrong?

--Benton