"port installed" fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 12 16:21:31 PDT 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 11:34, Eckhard Wiemann wrote:

> Now I recapitulated the whole sequence I described in my last mail,
> except that I installed vim instead of gcc43. Now the "installed"-
> selector matches the installed ports as it should.
>
> Thus it seems that gcc43 corrupted my registry of MacPorts.

I have confirmed this issue and filed a ticket:

http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12698

We probably need a MacPorts base expert to have a look at it. Even if
there is a bug in the gcc43 portfile, base should not allow a port
bug to corrupt the registry. We either have a bug in base, or a bug
in base and a bug in the portfile.