trying to install gimp

Simon Ruderich simon at ruderich.com
Sat Sep 15 06:30:38 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 10:57:19AM -0500, Lenore Horner wrote:
> I've tried the suggestion highlighted below.  libbonobo still complains.
> How do I figure out what XML::Parser really corresponds to as it is neither
> p5-xml-parser nor p5-libxml-perl.

As far as I know it's the port "p5-xml-parser", at least it works with other
ports.

> Thanks,
> Lenore
>
> sudo port -ncuf upgrade p5-xml-parser
> Password:
> --->  Unable to uninstall p5-xml-parser 2.34_3, the following ports depend
> on it:
> --->    intltool
> --->    gnome-mime-data
> --->    libgnomeprint
> --->    p5-libxml-perl
> Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.
> --->  Deactivating p5-xml-parser 2.34_3
> --->  Uninstalling p5-xml-parser 2.34_3
> --->  Installing p5-xml-parser 2.34_3
> --->  Activating p5-xml-parser 2.34_3
> --->  Cleaning p5-xml-parser
> [ppp-70-225-79-218:~]% sudo port install libbonobo
> --->  Configuring libbonobo
> --snip--
> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
> required for intltool

> Exit 1

Could you give us the output of the config.log file. To get it use the
following command:

    port dir libbonobo

Then use the path you get with the following command:

    open your-path-here

Then go to the "work" directory, then there should be a "libbonobo" directory
and there is the config.log file. Please send us this file attached.

Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary
+ using http://gnupg.org