Gimp - libgnome problems

Lenore Horner LenoreHorner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 16 17:10:23 PDT 2007

platform PowerBook G4, Macports 2.520

Gimp is currently faulting on libgnome which won't install on its own
either.  Puzzling through the error output, I find
"ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /opt/local/lib/libintl.
3.dylib".

There is something very odd here.  By hand I can find /opt/local/lib/
libintl.8.dylib.  Is libgnome really that far out of date?
Furthermore, "port installed libintl" reports "None of the specified
ports are installed".  In addition, "port search libintl" yields "p5-
libintl-perl                perl/p5-libintl-perl 1.16         Perl
internationalization library" which seems to be neither what I have
nor what I need.  I don't know what I have that caused libintl.
8.dylib to be installed, so I don't know whether I can safely
downgrade it.  I have doubts about trying to have two versions co-exist.

Suggestions?

Lenore