Gimp and gimp-print (and other Gimp issues)

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Mon Sep 17 15:20:02 PDT 2007

Hi,

Yves de Champlain wrote:

> Le 07-09-16 à 22:54, Stefan Bruda a écrit :
>
>>> gimp-print is deprecated.  gutenprint is the new version (and new
>>> name) of gimp-print, so you should uninstall it.
>>
>> I kind of figured it out for myself by now.  The Print menu however
>> should cease to offer a gimp-print-based entry in this case.
>
> The print plugin you see is gimp's own, not gimp-print's.

Agreed.  It does not work either, so it should be either fixed or eliminated.

>> libopenjpeg-2.1.2.0.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current
>> version 0.0.0)
>
> The problem is here.  My gues is that you have to upgrade openjpeg to
> revision 1 which fixed this exact problem.

This alone did not work (did it a while ago), but rebuilding gimp-jp2
after the openjpeg upgrade does fix the issue.  Seeing the other
(apparently similar) gettext issue floating around makes me believe that
Macports needs an equivalent to Gentoo's revdep-rebuild quite badly.

Stefan