Installing MacPorts

Jason Nerida neridaj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 19:22:34 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm new to MacPorts and have a question regarding install of MacPorts:

How do I correct the PATH to point to the MacPorts path?

I combined my .bash_login AND .bash_profile into .profile as
instructed and also tried deleting them and leaving only .profile, but
the PATH will not report the MacPorts path

files:

.bash_login:

export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:$PATH"

.bash_profile:

export PATH=/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH

# Setting PATH for MacPython 2.5
# The orginal version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:${PATH}"
export PATH

combined into .profile:

##
# DELUXE-USR-LOCAL-BIN-INSERT
# (do not remove this comment)
##
echo $PATH | grep -q -s "/usr/local/bin"
if [ $? -eq 1 ] ; then
    PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
    export PATH
fi
#
# Your previous .profile  (if any) is saved as .profile.mpsaved
# Setting the path for MacPorts.
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
export DISPLAY=:0.0

export PATH=/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH

# Setting PATH for MacPython 2.5
# The orginal version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:${PATH}"
export PATH

export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sb

Thanks for any help with this,

Jason