PHP logging to Apache error log

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Fri Sep 21 14:09:43 PDT 2007

On 2007-09-21 , at 13:14 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I am the maintainer of php5 (along with jwa). I have received your
> question but have not had time to reproduce the problem or
> investigate a solution yet. I have been out of town without network
> access.

According to comments/notes found here

	http://us.php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php#49438

the error log that Apache wants to write to must be writable by the
Apache user - www.

If you change the ownership on this file

	error_log = /Users/simon/Library/Logs/php_error.log

like

	chown www /Users/simon/Library/Logs/php_error.log

and restart Apache errors *should* get written to that log file. Of
course now you may have problems with CLI PHP writing to that file,
but, well...

Works for me

   php5 @5.2.4_0+apache+darwin_8+macosx+mysql5+pear (active)

8)