Can't install gnome

Matthias Brennwald matthias at brennwald.org
Mon Sep 24 09:38:39 PDT 2007

Ok, I reverted to the original Apple sed. That helped, but the
install failed again. Here are the last few lines of the log:

------------
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _g_malloc0
/opt/local/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib(gmem.o) definition of _g_malloc0
../../libseahorse/libseahorse.a(seahorse-secure-memory.o) definition
of _g_malloc0 in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _g_realloc
/opt/local/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib(gmem.o) definition of _g_realloc
../../libseahorse/libseahorse.a(seahorse-secure-memory.o) definition
of _g_realloc in section (__TEXT,__text)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [seahorse-preferences] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gnome-desktop-
suite seahorse system-tools-backends vino gnutls libgcrypt libtasn1
lzo opencdk yelp firefox-x11 zip libgtkhtml zenity
------------

On 23.09.2007, at 20:10, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Matthias Brennwald wrote:
>
>> I tried to install gnome using macports on my G4-PowerBook running
>> Mac OS X 10.4, but I was not successful (the result is attached
>> below). I sent an email to bonzini at gnu.org (as indicated in the
>> error log), who replied (i) that he is only responsible for gnu
>> sed, not macports and (ii) that macports invokes sed the wrong
>> way. Can anyone help or shed some light on this problem?
>
>> Error: reinplace: sed: invalid option -- E
>
> Please don't install GNU sed as "sed" for now (naming it gsed is
> OK, like the gsed port does).
> This will be fixed in next version of MacPorts, that should be able
> to cope with BSD/GNU sed.
>
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12700
>
> --anders

-------