Must I use Fink?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 27 13:27:20 PDT 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 10:04, Chris Pickel wrote:

> On 27 Sep, 2007, at 10:50, Abram Gillespie wrote:
>> I haven't gotten any response as to how I go about getting the
>> php_dbase extension for the php5 package.  Is it possible?  Should I
>> just drop MacPorts and go back to Fink?
>
> I've attached a possible patch. Sync your ports repository, apply
> it with "sudo patch `port file php` php5-dbase.patch", and then try
> a "sudo port install php5 +dbase +whatever_else". I don't know
> anything about dbase so I don't know if it'll work, but it's a try.

Please don't desert us! :) I only hadn't responded because I wasn't
familiar with dbase and had not yet had time to familiarize myself.
Please let me know if the patch from Chris works and I'll be happy to
incorporate it into the php5 portfile.

BTW, his patching instructions should have read...

sudo patch `port file php5` php5-dbase.patch